Monday, September 16, 2013

Nature Mode

I met up with "B" and "L" and their parents near Waterfront Drive this past weekend.  I assumed we would take a few pictures along the river side and then head across the street and use some of the old architecture in the area as a backdrop as well.  But "B" and "L" were, as their Dad put it, "in nature mode."  I've learned from experience that it is best to just go with the flow when photographing kids so....we went with it!  And it was great!  I captured "B" and "L" in their element doing what they love and also gathered a few samples for an upcoming Science class.  Thanks for the burs "B", they will be just the right thing for my lesson on adaptations! 









"L" was so incredibly excited when he found this ladybug!  I was so struck with how these boys thoroughly enjoyed the little things we so often take for granted....ladybugs, sticks, seeds, burs, old logs and caterpillars.






"B" doing his stick dance!






Not sure how to explain this picture other than that these were 2 boys just enjoying each other!  So fun!

This is my favourite image from the morning!

And a nature walk just would not be complete without building a log house....so we did!

The boys in their new home!

No comments: