Saturday, August 2, 2008

Expectations


Once again this year, I left for the lake with big expectations of all the great pictures I would take....ones I would mount on canvas, use for our christmas card, give to the grandparents, etc! I did get some very memorable photos but it seemed as though every time I pulled out my camera my boys turned into goofballs. This is evident in the next 3 photos. I figure that perhaps these may come in handy some day when he gets married! So...I learned that the hardest kids to photograph are your own and...that expectations are never a good thing. I need to get the expectations out of my head and enjoy these photos instead, because I did get some good ones which do completely reflect my boys' personalities!


























Credit goes to my brother for taking this picture. I think we are even all looking at the camera.
















Our boys are so fortunate to have 2 sets of wonderful grandparents! I love the backlighting in this picture and the moment "T" and my Dad are sharing together.









My husband really does not have an appreciation for feet or hand pictures. He just doesn't understand why anyone would want a picture of just their child's feet. I did want a picture of just "T's" feet because I love these shoes so much and thought it would be cute. I took the second photo for my husband...we're both happy now!




















Below are a few pictures from our boys' favorite spot...the boardwalk! When we asked them what they wanted to do this is generally what they picked (unless a visit to the candy store was an option)! This year we actually saw some interesting wildlife instead of just reading about them on the signs. Apperances from a chipmunk, duck, leech, snake and beaver definitely made the walk more interesting...although my little monkeys usually made sure things did not get dull either! I told "E" that I wanted to take a picture of him and this is the pose he immediately struck! Maybe I should give Sears a call!






































I did not expect to see a beaver but this particular one was sitting on the trail right in front of us! Unfortunately by the time I fumbled through the stroller and found my camera he was already in the water. I was still happy to get this glimpse of him! Honestly, it's a beaver! Take my word for it!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! I love both of the phone booth photos.